"Anything that can possibly go wrong, does."
They are GFI's or Ground Fault Interrupter plugs which are actually a wonderful safety device. But they can go out shutting off all the electricity on that circuit and you need to push the red button. The head honcho for this circuit is out in our garage behind a freezer and couple of tons of wheat. Dan kindly climbed back there to push the button. But something was wrong with the button. He went to the circuit breaker box and flipped all the switches. Still nothing! Now I stared to panic. Both of our full freezers were now off and there was no electricity for any of our bathrooms with four overnight guests arriving soon.
I hate all those advertisements people leave on your door knobs, but a few months ago one was left that said "Electrician specializing in small jobs." I liked the sound of that and put it in my file. So last night we called him and he was able to come right over. Turns out he lives two blocks away.
He started saying if he couldn't find the problem, it would mean tearing into the walls. What?!! I have company coming! I'm having a wedding reception here this weekend! I can't handle this right now! And by the way, how much will this cost?!! He kept working. He still couldn't find the problem. I added more prayers to the ones I'd already said. Then he asked us if we had any outside plugs? Yes, we have three in our backyard. "Those would be connected to this same circuit," he said. "Is there any chance any water could have gotten into any of them?" Dan and I both start thinking. Light bulb! Just this afternoon I was using this wonderful product ( it works great!) washing the outside windows on our two-story house with a hose:




2 comments:
Oh, I wanted to try that window product. Glad to know it actually works!
Just be prepared to get wet if you have a lame hose like we do. But since I know that ahead of time, I just do it right before I am ready to change anyway.
Post a Comment