Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy Birthday, MaryAnn!

Friday the 13th was a very lucky day for me in 1981!

Here are some cakes through the years:
March 1992 (On their 11th Birthday they got to have an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins!)

1988:



1986:

From the Rainbow News 1986: "MaryAnn's Fifth Super Birthday!" by Mandy "MaryAnn had her fifth birthday on Thursday, March 13, 1986. She got a lot of neat and exciting things. Some of them were a Cabbage Patch kid named Caren Rosie. She got a watch that when you push the button the time pops out. She also got some clothes that she has been wearing almost every day since her birthday, some clothes for her doll, and a game called CandyLand which everyone loves to play. She also had a party and got a lot of other things too. Her cake was a teddy bear--it had raisins for the nose and red hots for the mouth. It had big eyes on it and a bow. The eyes were the wiggly kind. That night I had a school program. Everyone went to that. MaryAnn's birthday was very fun!

1985:

From the Rainbow News: 1985 "MaryAnn's Birthday" by Mandy
"MaryAnn had her birthday on March 13th. In the morning she opened her presents. She got a PlayDoh set, a spelling desk, some makeup and some clothes. I was sick that day so I stayed home from school. I played with some of her presents. After school, she had a party. She got a watering can and some paper dolls and some pictures to color. After dinner we had her cake. It was yellow with chocolate frosting and had little Cabbage Patch dolls standing on it."
Something special about MaryAnn is that for many years she always left a display on her bed before she left for school. This was not occasionally. It was EVERY day. It was not just a mess either, but a carefully organized presentation. Here is an example:

Lots of love to a wonderful daughter!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday to MaryAnn! I remember the bed presentations and she always made her food into a face!

Karen said...

Happy Birthday MaryAnn!

Heidi said...

Hope Marz has a good day. I do not remember the bed displays. Hopefully Courtney won't find out about them. I don't want to give her the idea of adding more things to her bed.

Kathy said...

Is that Laura in one of those pictures??

Happy Birthday to a wonderful niece!!