Saturday, September 27, 2008

Too Cute!



I got to babysit Hannah and Joshua last night while Brian and MaryAnn went to the temple.
Joshua was sleeping when I first got there and Hannah was anxious to sit and talk to me. She was so cute! Here is something she told me: She told me that her Grandma Beus had taken her to the zoo. I commented about that as I had known about that outing. Then she told me that Grandma and Grandpa Harrison were going to take her to a special place. She then told me that her Daddy had told her about it at Family Home Evening. (Hmm, I thought, I wonder where Brian told her we were taking her? Apple Hill? The Pumpkin Patch?) Since Brian and MaryAnn had not left yet, I asked them about it. They laughed. It seems they talked in Family Home Evening about the Celestial Kingdom and to make it sound appealing to Hannah, they told her that Grandma and Grandpa would be there too! Now that is definitely a special place!

After dinner and with Joshua awake, I decided to ask Hannah if we could play Nursery. I told her that she would be Sister Anderson and I would be Hannah. She eagerly got into character and got a chair for herself and told me to sit on the imaginary carpet squares. She told me that we were going to learn about listening. She then began a very long story which included the following: "Once upon a time there was a little boy named Grandpa. He had glasses. Grandma has glasses on her shirt. They ate dinner. It was delicious and scrumptious. (Yes, she really used those words!) Uncle John was eating too."

After the story she told me that we were going to "practice something nice." She then proceeded to dump out the bag of blocks and we spent the rest of the time building trains and towers which was very entertaining to Joshua.

7 comments:

John said...

You have some cute grandkids.

Little Mommy said...

I love your blog. Your love of your family (as large and extended as it is) and your faith are remarkable. Your whole family is just awesome and I am so happy that I found Brad and Darryl found Amanda so that I could know of such an amazing family.
(BTW this is Bobbi, Darryl's Sister-in-Law)

Janis said...

Thank you for your sweet comment, Bobbi! I love seeing pictures of your two darling boys and your fun family. I take a peek at your blog every once in a while too!

MaryAnn said...

Wow, I love to get the babysitting report complete with pictures! You always wonder what your kids do when you're gone. Now I know that Joshua drools all over the blocks whether or not we are the ones watching him. Thanks Mom!

Annette said...

Janis, I love your blog! It is so fun to see the cute photos and read about your family.

Unknown said...

Aunt Janis,
I'm so glad to have found your blog (Vovo did help me out). Your grandkids are so cute and happy. Hopefully we'll see you at Vovo's birthday in May. I think it's been a few years!

Janis said...

Hi Ashley! I see you and Amy both have blogs. Hope you don't mind if we take a peek! Your family is darling!