Monday, May 13, 2019

Oakland Temple Open House!

Last week we went with the Sacramento Temple presidency for a tour of the newly remodeled Oakland Temple.
It was a wonderful experience!
"The Oakland California Temple was the 13th temple of the Church when President David O. McKay dedicated it on November 17, 1964."
I was able to attend that Dedication!
I have so many fond memories of the Oakland Temple.  
Just being there brought so many of them back to my mind!
This was August 12, 1972.  The day I received my Endowment.

If you can see some people in the picture below, that is where you walk to enter the temple. 
Previously they had an entrance on the side.  
The whole ground floor has been completely redone.  It is much more open and filled with light.
There are numerous beautiful works of art displayed.
And the grounds looked wonderful as well!
It was a choice experience for us to share this together!
We ended our day back at the Sacramento Temple parking lot and I took this picture as we were getting in our own car to return home.
We love to see the temple!

No comments: