Monday, May 22, 2017

Yosemite Falls!

Although we had some rain, we had lots of times to enjoy all of the waterfalls in Yosemite!  I believe there are 10 big ones right in the valley.
The most famous, highest and was really spectacular was Yosemite Falls.
This is a view of the upper part of the falls.
Note the beautiful dogwood tree in bloom!
Here is a view of the upper and lower part of the falls.  
The entire thing is 2,425 feet.
I chose this picture with the people in to show just how high and massive it is!
We did the hike to the lower falls and it was amazing: the roaring sound and the rushing water was a sight to see!
These next two photos are in the opposite direction of the picture above.
The amount of water was incredible!
The hike is a loop so after we were close to the falls we came back around to an area where we got this view!
We decided to splurge and stay right in Yosemite at the Yosemite Lodge.
We could see the upper falls just right near us!
The roaring sound could be heard all night long in our room--that's how 
loud it is. 
So glad we had this experience!

My attempt at posting a video.  Turn your volume all the way up and enjoy!
And this is just the lower part of the falls!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Oh my goodness, I love this! I think this just got added to my bucket list!