We hosted a new bishopric for dinner on Saturday evening the night before Mother's Day. It is a chance for the stake presidency and their wives to get to know the bishopric and their wives.
Hmmm, I thought.
How about a Mother's Day theme!
I had Dan look up each one of their mother's maiden names and then I put them on the place cards.
As we were finishing dinner, we went around the table and each person shared some special things about their mother. It was great!
It is interesting how much you can learn about a person when they talk about their Mom!!
We have had around 20 of these dinners over the past 7 years and each time we go around and tell about ourselves. I am sure I could introduce Dan's counselors and their wives as we say pretty much the same thing every time.
But this was a whole new experience!
I learned new things about people I felt I knew very well.
Want to get to know someone better?
Ask them what is special about their Mom!
Sees candy was part of the table decorations and each Mom got to take one home!



1 comment:
This is such an awesome idea! I love it! I have noticed that once you have met someone's parents you do get a different perspective on the person.
Post a Comment