Saturday, February 6, 2010

If you come to My House...

We had a wonderful day yesterday at the temple! Our temple is closed right now for cleaning but was opened from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. for the members of our stake to have a Stake Temple Day.
Members of our stake fulfilled assignments for most of the workers shifts, and every area of the temple was filled with members of our stake ages 12 and up performing ordinances.
Dan and I were at the front door greeting people from before 12:30 until after 3:30, and then we attended a session. We also made a visit to the baptistry where Dan gave remarks to the youth.
We love our temple!
While I was out of town Dan attended the temple and spent some time afterwards taking some photos. My favorite is the last one.




Today a counselor in our Relief Society gave the lesson on the temple. She invited President Harrison to submit a paragraph to her of what he would say to the sisters our ward about the temple if he were there. Here is what she read to us:
Thanks for inviting me to write something to the sisters. I'm sure you'll have a great lesson. Here are my thoughts:
It was a blessing to be in the temple with so many members of our stake today (Stake Temple Day, Saturday, Feb. 6, 2010). I saw many sisters of all ages who made sacrifices to be in the temple even though they have many home, family and other responsibilities. I'm sure you have been and will continue to be blessed for making temple attendance a priority.

In a recent Sunday School class I attended in another ward, a sister commented that she had been praying that the Lord's Spirit would be felt more strongly in her home. Then this thought came to her mind and her heart: "If you come to My House, I will come to yours." Going to His House is one of the best ways to draw nearer to the Lord and feel His influence in our homes and in our lives.

The temple grows on you. The more we attend:
The more we understand;
The more we love the temple;
The more blessed we are; and
The more the other pieces of our lives fall into place.
The temple is central to our doctrine, our worship, our service, and our spiritual growth.
God bless you for your faithful temple worship.

2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

What a great Stake President! I love the last picture. I think you have a winner for the next batch of homemade cards!

Annette said...

Beautiful photos! Beautiful temple! Thanks for posting.