Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Best Seat in the House!

Last Monday Dan looked out his office window and this is what he saw in a window across the alley!

Thanks for all the good wishes from everyone!
Today we are having a guest blogger contribute a post:

The Best Seat in the House



During stake conference last week I was asked to bear my testimony. Here’s the gist of what I said in part.

During the past ten years, I have been privileged to occupy the best seat in the house. First, I love sitting on the stand before and during meetings and watching the saints gather to worship. This is especially inspiring for stake conference, when over 1600 come together in the same meeting. I love looking into your beautiful faces.

Second, my calling has allowed me to serve closely with some of the best people in the world. I have learned so much by being with them—you—and seeing your love for this work, for the members of the Church, and especially for the Lord. Collectively, you do so much good and make such an important difference as you serve one another. Thank you for your service.

Third, it has been my privilege to conduct a lot of temple recommend interviews. At the conclusion of many of these interviews, I have asked, “How has the Lord blessed you recently?” The responses from literally hundreds of you have given me a sacred glimpse into your lives, sometimes your struggles and your joys, and an appreciation for how Heavenly Father has been involved in your lives. I have learned that Heavenly Father knows and loves and blesses each person individually, with customized blessings that fit each unique situation.

Finally, I have been privileged to witness from close range again and again and again the Lord’s hand in directing this work. I testify to you that the gospel is true. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is God’s kingdom on the earth. He is in charge and directs the affairs of His kingdom in very many large and small ways.

Yes, for ten years I've enjoyed the best seat in the house. The new seat is not nearly so comfortable. I pray for the Lord’s help and each of yours.

3 comments:

MaryAnn said...

I thought the best seat was where I was sitting- the reserved padded benches where I got to hear both my parents bear their testimonies.

Kathryn said...

I drew the pink craft mat. Have a happy Thanksgiving and I like to play with you at your house. I like to be at your house sometimes. I love you so very much Grandma and Grandpa!

Kathy said...

I don't think of that as the best seat in the house, but the hot seat!