Here is a project I worked on recently. Dan and I went through our hundreds of record albums and put them in the garbage. We kept them for years and years without every playing them. We had previously made taped copies of many of them. Soon they, too, will be obsolete (they already are to most of you!), and I'll have to figure out how to put them on the computer. Will computers ever be obsolete? We still have a turntable, but technology has changed and changed and changed until there was no reason to keep these stored in our home. It was hard to do but necessary. It felt like we were throwing part of our lives away! Just for a little memory I photographed the album covers of some of my favorites including ones that our family enjoyed.
I wonder if my grandchildren will ever know what a record was? ("music disk: something on which sound is copied, especially a plastic disk with a groove that can be played using a phonograph"). Those were "Happy Days!"
1 comment:
I hope you have a good copy of "first you clap once, then you clap twice, then you clap one, two, three." That is a favorite of mine!
Post a Comment