Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Extravaganza Weekend (or a few of my favorite things!)

On Friday Dan called on his way home from work and asked if I was ready for the Mother's Day Extravaganza weekend? I had just read some Mother's Day thoughts from this blog, http://icecreamdiary.blogspot.com/.
I was having no expectations for Mother's Day. I am well treated every day by members of my family and I have never felt the need to be honored on a particular day. But as a special surprise Dan had some things planned for the weekend, and I added a few more of my own making it a weekend of some of my favorite things!

On Friday night we went to dinner at Mimi's (yum), and watched an episode of Mansfield Park, a Jane Austen work.

Early Saturday morning we both worked in the yard, and I got some of my vegetables planted.
Then Dan made us a delicious waffle breakfast!



At 10:00 we took a drive into the foothills,

ending at a favorite place in Jackson for buying good meat.


On the way home we stopped at a farm to buy strawberries.

In the afternoon I got to soak in the bathtub,


while watching an episode of:
In the evening we drove up to the temple and even saw some deer on the property.


We enjoyed out session in the temple with John joining us. We saw some old friends from 7th ward, the Montgomery family and their three children, Scott, Allison and Sydney. I took this photo as we left the temple.


We ended the evening with a homemade hot fudge sundae!

On Sunday I enjoyed attending Church in our ward with Dan able to stay for all three meetings.

I also got to talk to family members.
I enjoyed my cards and received gifts which Dan spread out through the weekend.

It was great having John and the Perrys for dinner with delicious barbecued chicken by Dan, potato salad by Brian, and last but not least...


...homemade rootbeer ice cream made by John!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! We should have an extravaganza every weekend! Great shots of good family, food and fun.

MollyE said...

What an amazing weekend! Everthing sounded so fun and relaxing, and lots of good food. Perfect!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. I hope Dad didn't get in trouble for buying books during the book buying moratorium, or is that over now?