Sunday, July 14, 2024

Reunion 2024 Day One: July 1st!



Family Reunion 2024 turned out to be very good medicine for me in my recovery.
Over the next weeks I'll post about some of the great times we had together.

Day One and a couple of families left a few days early including the McClellans.
This made it possible for them to spend some extra time with the Shafers!
The Melanchuks also left a couple of days early.
We are so grateful that they brought this boat with them!
This also allowed them a chance for some to attend Music and the Spoken Word:
The Perrys also got underway on Sunday evening.
Grandpa and I arrived in Elko Sunday night and enjoyed seeing the
 progress on the Elko Temple.
I was a “back seat driver’ for this trip.
Here are some of my views:
On Monday I had fun following along with the progress of our families.
Here is what I recorded from Find My Friends

2:26 p.m. Monday, July 1st

MaryAnn: Tremonton
John: Wellsville
Heidi: Brigham City
Josh: Willard
Amanda: Layton
Jeff: Evanston
Shafers: Midvale
Grandpa and Grandma: Garland

Finally we all made it to Raspberry Ridge!
One of the first things that went up was the Class and Event Schedule. 
It became quite decorated which I'll show on the last day.
It was fun exploring a new house!
The Melanchuks provided dinner the first night.
For dessert we had Nanaimo, an unbaked Canadian treat.
Wow, it was rich and delicious! 
After dinner we played some Get To Know You games.  
We were divided into four groups based on the day of the month
 on which we celebrated our birthday.
Each group had to come up with a cheer or song.
Middle late group planning and performing.
Beginning of the month group planning and performing.
Middle early group planning and performing.
End of the month group planning and performing
Jeff brought this amplifier for announcements.
Eleanor and Penny in charge of the book exchange.
It's a big group in a big house!
Just relaxing and then off to bed!

No comments: