Sunday, October 11, 2015

Bad Luck At Niagara Falls!

I went to Niagara Falls 40 years ago. We went to the Canadian side. That particular summer the American Falls were shut down for some kind of work. We were so disappointed. But that's how it goes!

Today we also visited Niagara Falls--this time on the American side. Our tour guide spent a lot of time telling us how much we were going to love it. He went on and on. He told us there was a spot where we could stand behind a rail and be just inches away from the pouring water. He told us to wear a waterproof jacket because we would be sprayed by all the mist. He told us these things more than once. Then when we crossed over the Niagara River, he pointed out the swirling water and Dan took a picture. I was getting excited!

We got off the bus and headed down to the spot. Imagine our surprise and then disappointment when we saw this sign and a chain link fence!
Dan finally got this picture by standing up on a barrier:
It was disapointing because if you look closely in this picture, you can see where we would have been! (Down past the yellow backhoe) Our tour guide felt so badly. He was there in August and there was no fence or construction.
Dan finally took a picture of a picture of what it looks like. I guess I'll have to go again sometime!
 
 

 

No comments: