Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Lazy Gardener!

A vegetable garden can be a lot of work!   And sometimes even after all the work, there is barely anything to show for it.  It's always worth it to try though.  
But I have discovered a fun little secret that has worked for three years in a row now:  Late September arrives and I'm at the grocery store.  I see a packet of seeds for $1.00 and think: Maybe I should plant some peas.  I toss the seeds in the cart and a week or so later, I remember I have them.  So I head outside and spend 5 minutes planting them.  That's it!  I barely think about them again.  I don't water them, thin them, feed them or weed them--nothing!  


And then in March I start noticing all the flowers turning into pea pods!

Yum!
We picked bags and bags of these this year.
Wish all my gardening was this easy but then I wouldn't learn some important things.
But I guess it's OK to be lazy once in a while!
If you've stuck with me this long: Our newest little pea in the pod is going to be a girl!  
Congratulations John and Sara!!

No comments: