Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Summer 2011!

Since it is almost officially fall, I thought I would do a blog post of  some things I wanted to remember from this past summer that I didn't already blog about--just some random stuff.
Dan has spent a good part of the summer releasing and setting apart full time missionaries. 
One evening a senior couple came to our house to be set apart for their mission to Uganda in Africa!  They wanted a picture with their stake president afterwards.   They are already having lots of adventures!
I continue to serve as an ordinance worker in the Sacramento Temple.   I am finally starting to feel more comfortable with all the things you have to memorize.   I'm not the new kid on the block anymore either.  We have had 3 more people added to our shift since I started.  We attended a backyard barbecue with about half of the workers and their spouses one Saturday afternoon.  
I really enjoyed reading this book! 
We know a lot about Martha Washington and Abigail Adams but this was about the wives of Hamilton, Burr, John Quincy Adams, Madison, and Monroe. 
Really, really interesting!
We got a new mission president for the Sacramento mission.  They live in our stake, so one evening we went to visit them and welcome them with some goodies.  They were very personable and we like them a lot!
One Saturday evening we went to the temple to do some family sealings from Dan's Brazilian family.  After we finished a man came in who knew the sealer and asked if there was time to do one more sealing--a son to his parents.  The man wanted to act as proxy for the son.  Would Dan and I be the parents?  Wow, was I surprised when I was proxy for a woman whose name was Cleopatra!  She was sealed to her native American husband, Chief Powhowton or something like that. 
I have gotten to love BYU TV!  So fun to watch it on the laptop, picking whatever show I am in the mood for.    I've watched all the episodes of The Generations Project and The Story Trek, but I'm especially enjoying The Joseph Smith Papers.

And it hasn't rained since the McClellans left because this is still on my driveway!  Thanks, Elizabeth!!

1 comment:

MollyE said...

What a small world, I know your new mission president and his wife! They are the parents of two of my great friends we knew when we lived in Virginia! I have been to their home in Utah several times! I have been following their kids blogs talking about them leaving, I just didn't realize where they were going! Fun, fun.