Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Blogging World!

I entered the blogging world last summer. I call what I do "family blogging," because it's more of an online journal than a forum for discussion on a particular topic. I see that this seems to be quite popular among the young married generation. They are having fun sharing their photos and experiences about their lives and raising young children. They are keeping in touch with friends. It is wonderful! But as I have been blog surfing I have found very few people my age who seem interested in doing this. I can't figure it out. I think it is lots of fun and would be great to connect with friends from the past. Just as the young people share potty training advice, encourage each other to make it through another day with toddlers, and pass along a great tip about getting marker off the walls, we could complain about our health issues, share ideas for long-distance grandparents, and give suggestions on retirement planning. At the very least we could post cute pictures of our grandkids!

So all of this is a long explanation that I have been tagged and why I'm not tagging anyone else. Beyond family, I have no friends that are blogging that I could tag!

1.What was I doing 10 years ago: April 1998-- Teaching Seminary and keeping track of all of this:

Heidi was living in an apartment in Folsom and working; Josh accepted an internship at Cessna and he and Andrea came for a visit. Amanda was serving in Sibiu. Heidi and Dan drove to Utah to pick up Jeff from BYU. Jeff bought two suits that month. MaryAnn and Heidi performed in "My Beloved Christ." Grandma and Grandpa Ricks came to see it. MaryAnn also went to Sports A Rama and did stuff with Tory and Kelli. Dan and John went to a Giants game, and John also went bowling and played roller hockey with the Robinsons. Dan prepared a talk and took us all to help with a League community project "Christmas in April" which involved painting a house.
And President Hinckley announced 30 new small temples at General Conference

2. 5 things on my to do list: Get my wedding ring fixed; Prepare John's graduation gift; Scan photos; Take birthday gift to Rachel; Prepare stake conference talk

3. 3 bad habits: worrying too much, eating too much, computering too much

4. Places I've lived: Salt Lake City, San Jose, Provo, Ogden, West Sacramento, Sacramento, Folsom

5. What I would do if I became a millionaire (in no particular order): Treat the whole family to trips to Israel and to see U.S. and Church history sites; fill an entire cruise ship with family and friends for a week; give each of my kids $166,666.66; buy Dan an apple orchard and nice, large homes at Apple Hill and at Sea Ranch and his own Cessna jet (pilot included) so he could retire; donate to my favorite charities.

6. Jobs I have had: Drugstore clerk, microchip assembly, Pumpkin Patch tour guide, teaching Seminary, Mom (the hardest job of all!)

7.Things you may not know about me (that I am sure you are dying to know): See my 100th Post http://janisharrison.blogspot.com/2008/02/100th-post-addiction-give-away.html

5 comments:

Heidi said...

It's always fun to see how people answer these questions. I was thinking about my answers today in case I end up doing it and my bad habits were the exact same 3. I thought that was pretty funny.

I wish other people in your age range were blogging so I could spy on the moms and see what they are thinking.

MaryAnn said...

I would love to read more blogs by grandmas. You're just more with it than most. Maybe you should mention blogs in your stake conference talk!

Amanda said...

You're speaking in stake conference?

Janis said...

Yes, I am--the Saturday night session. I will need help from all of you!

Janis said...

Dad has to speak Saturday evening and again Sunday morning!