scrapbooks--too much stuff and too much bulk. Where to store it all when finished? Publishing my own "books" on the computer has given me a wonderful alternative to my desire to preserve memories. It also gives me a great creative outlet as well. I just received my latest "book" in the mail today and I was so pleased with it, I decided it deserved a blog. Here are some of the books I've already completed and two that I am working on:
Photos of my garden's treasures over the last few years.
Our Family Home Evening Group: The Early Years--a book of highlights of our Monday nights over the past 5 years--given as a gift to all the couples this past Christmas
My emails and photos of the time I spent with the McClellan family
A paperback memory of a trip I took in 1969. The original scrapbook I made from the trip was literally falling apart and bullky to store. I just scanned in everything from the original scrapbook and am very pleased with the results!
Here's the one I received today. It contains all of my blog posts from 2007 and lots of extra pictures too!
This one is almost completed. It's another paperback memory book of our trip to
Washington D. C. last year.
And I've just started this one on our trip to Israel.
Everyone should have hobbies! Add a little more joy to your life!!
6 comments:
Aunt Janis I just love to read your posts. They are so insipiring to me. I have just gotten into scrapbooking as well and I love it.
I can't wait to see your books (someday)! I agree everyone should have a hobby - I think I need a new one and some advice on how/when to do it.
I think my new hobby will be taking showers. It's something I love to do, but I never feel like I have enough free time to take long ones. But if it's my hobby, then I will have to be sure to make time for it! I'm not sure if I could squeeze in another hobby after that one though.
MaryAnn is hilarious. That must be Charles' hobby since he's so good at taking long ones.
I love all your books. It was hard not to tell you about it this summer because I knew you would love making books. I bet your FHE loved the one you made. That is such a great gift idea.
You have inspired me to make my 2007 book. I downloaded all my posts yesterday. Now I could spend hours making it look really cool but I probably won't do too much to it.
Could you remind me how to make those books? The website, I mean? Maybe I will make one sometime.
The address is:
www.blurb.com/
There is also another one called
My Publisher
Let me know if you find other ones!
Post a Comment