Dan tried Dance, Dance Revolution with Julia:
Even Katie had fun trying to play:
We learned a new card game:

And we enjoyed some old favorites, Bumparena, Uno Attack, and Monopoly!

Dan, Josh, Julia and I played Monopoly this past weekend. They received the game for Christmas. It brought back a flood of memories from my childhood! My brother, Jim, loved to play Monopoly. He was very intense about it. He got me playing it with him and his friends as often as he could. Here are some things I remember:
1) He always tried to buy and/or bargain for the blue and green properties, and he would put hotels on them as quickly as he could even if it meant spending almost all of his money. Boardwalk and Park Place were his favorites. He would also try to get the yellows as well. I remember him rubbing his hands together with glee as we approached his side of the board filled with hotels. He also tried to get all the Railroads.
2) I always liked being the little Scotty dog as my token.
3) Some of the players would "hide" some of their money under the board giving the other players the impression they were low on cash.
4) My brother knew the board so well that after he rolled the dice, he didn't need to count the spaces. He would just move his token to the right spot.
5) These games sometime went on for hours and often ended in my brother crying if he lost.

No comments:
Post a Comment